Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Going, going, (almost) gone

Hair loss is imminent. If you've had the displeasure of seeing chunks of hair fall from my head, then you know life as a baldy is quickly approaching. I've reached a point where I just want Eugene to shave it all off. Seeing locks of my hair on my pillow, on the floor, and just about everywhere is driving me bonkers and I'm ready to let it all go. Parting with my hair is not as easy as I thought it would be but I keep reminding myself that this, too, will be temporary. Farewell to what's left of the hair on my head. Maybe I'll muster enough courage to post a pic of my new hairdo. :)

9 comments:

  1. Be brave. I'd love to see it. I bet you are stunning. Plus we need a wig fashion photo shoot ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. helen,
    you are courageous and brave! i am amazed by your strength. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard I know. But now that your own glory has been stripped away, God's glory will shine thru you. And it does grow back. just when I was asking God for signs of life, I see my eyebrows growing back (1 mos after finishing chemo). God is soooo good to encourage so I know my hair will be back soon too. Be strong and courageous my friend for God is with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. helen, you were always so pretty...and i think a lot of it was your radiant personality. so happy. so positive :) you will be pretty with or without your hair. i think if you shave it, you will feel a bit of freedom, because you don't have to keep seeing it come out. but i'm sure it takes a lot of courage, which God has already given you :)

    ps- i think you should spring for the nicer wig too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. helen! we're still working on a date to go up there! i'll throw out some dates to you soon and you let me know what works best. will be praying, praying, praying for tomorrow. love you!!! the girls are looking forward to seeing you...they are very anxious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you. are. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so brave and I am so inspired by your courage and your faith. Thinking about you and praying for you every day! And by the way, you are gorgeous no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  8. helen :), girl you are gorgeous with or without hair. i know God will carry you through this and you will come out shining! i hope today's treatment went well...sending love and prayer your way :)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. helen! your spunky, loving, laughing self is still intact, and though i'm sure losing your hair is soooooo hard, you are JUST as BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING as you always have been! even MORE so to me now, as you go through these trials! God is giving you strength and courage and i see it even thru these posts. wish i could be closer...but you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers!!!! ((((((HUGS!)))))

    ReplyDelete